This privacy notice sets out how we process personal data we collect from or about you, or which you provide to us.
Our website and services may contain links to independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies.
We may change the privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is Alicat Jewellery – 07563 552168 – email@example.com
What type of information will we collect from you?
The personal information we collect from you will typically include the following:
• Full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address)
• Information on your close connections where we are required to conduct conflicts of interests under regulatory obligations
• Banking information. We use SSL technology that encrypts your data to ensure your cards are safe and secure.
• Usage information about visits to our website (which enable our website to remember information about you and your preferences) and use of our site.
• Other technical information, including what devices you use to connect to our App, device location data where this function is not disabled by you on your device, [the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
• Your communications with us, including a record of the email or telephone number when you contact us as part of a product or service query
Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
On what basis can we process your information?
The legal grounds under data protection legislation for processing your personal data are as follows:
• It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, for us to provide you with our products and services
• You have given us explicit consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, namely where you have given us consent to receive electronic marketing by us. You do not need to provide us with marketing consent in order to receive our services
• It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this we shall consider a number of factors, such as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data, the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests include processing necessary to improve and to promote our services and product and to better understand our customers’ interests of our service and products.
• Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
What are we going to do with your information?
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
• To fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with our services
• To share your information with others where necessary to fulfil our services for you. Such as the post service, Royal Mail and or other shipping partners.
• To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including verifying your identity and prevention of online fraudulent transactions.
• Communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example with your enquiries and requests.
• Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future
• To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, where you have provided permission for us to do so or, if you are an existing customer only, where we choose to contact you by electronic means (including e-mail) with information about our own goods. For those marketing messages you can unsubscribe at any time contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
How long we keep your data for?
We will retain your personal data for different periods depending on the service you have chosen to use us for, which may be a longer period than that for which we need to hold your data to provide those services, i.e. where we are under regulatory or statutory duties to hold your data for a longer period or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
Who your information will be shared with?
We will pass your details to the following organisations (our “data processors”) who carry out certain activities on our behalf as part of us providing our services: Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Shopify, Royal Mail and other shipping partners.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without first obtaining your prior consent.
Security of your data.
Your data will be held on secure servers within the Shopify Network with all reasonable technological and operational measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimised.
How you can access and update your information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed.
How you can request erasure of your data
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where you have withdrawn consent for us to process it (as explained below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
How you can withdraw your consent
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent. Should you wish to do so you can change your consent preferences at any time please contact us.
How you can restrict or object to us using your data
You can ask us to suspend the way in which we are using your information in certain scenarios, or object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ground (or those of a third party) and you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms, or where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases where you object, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Please note that if you want us to restrict or stop processing your data this may impact on our ability to provide our services. Depending on the extent of your request we may be unable to continue providing you with our service.
Any queries or concerns about the way in which your data is being used can be sent to email@example.com
Moving your information to another organisation.
In the event that we process your data by automated means where you have either provided us with consent for us to use your information or where we used the information to perform a contract with you, you have the right to request that we send to you or to another organisation, a copy of the personal data we hold about you, for example when you are dealing with a different service provider. If you would like us to move, copy, or transfer your information please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you within one month after assessing whether this is possible, taking into account the technical compatibility with the other organisation in question.
Complaints about the use of your personal data
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by writing to email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or UK 0303 123 1113 or International +44 1625 545 700.
When ordering we ask you to join our mailing list to keep you informed of sales, special offers and new seasonal collections. If you have previously given us explicit consent and no longer wish to receive these updates you have the option to unsubscribe at the bottom of all our emails.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and PayPal.
All online payments are protected and we use SSL technology that encrypts your data to ensure all your card details are safe and secure.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.